Southwest Concrete Paving Co.is looking for a skilled heavy equipment oiler. Our operation roles are so important to our company’s success. Therefore we recognize the value that each and every one of our craft workers bring to the project and in return, we are offering an opportunity to broaden your skills within a team of skilled industry professionals on some of the most notable projects across North America. Southwest Concrete Paving Co. is a company that values the safety of its workforce above all else. Heavy equipment oiler performs onsite daily fueling and lube services, operational checks and minor preventive maintenance services on a variety of heavy construction equipment. You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Travel to worksites to perform scheduled fueling and lubrication services to all field equipment and construction machinery.
- Complete preventative maintenance work orders on a wide variety of heavy equipment including Gomaco & Wirtgen pavers, Texture/Cure, Placers, scrapers, skid steers, excavators and backhoes.
- Inspects equipment and report problems
- Occasionally may assist heavy equipment mechanics with the replacement of defective or worn parts.
- Work safely at all times following safety policies and procedures
- Maintains accurate truck and equipment inspection and service logs on a daily basis and in accordance to DOT requirements.
- Complies will all applicable DOT rules and regulations.
- Complies with all applicable environmental laws and regulations in regards to disposal and waste
- Complies or exceeds compliance with applicable OSHA regulations in regards to work practices, tool maintenance, equipment, and personal protective equipment
- 100% travel required
- Applicant must be at least 21 Years of age
- Ability to operate a Lube truck and drive between worksites
- Ability to pass pre and post-employment drug screening
- Ability to pass driving evaluation and work history verification.
- Ability to handle stress, work independently, manage time and multitask.
- Good driving record to be able to drive Company vehicles
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Able to maintain a CDL B License with tanker, air brakes and hazmat endorsement.
- Required: High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 12 months of maintenance experience.
- Experience as a heavy equipment oiler.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and/or holidays as required to accommodate customer and project demands.
- Preferred: 2+ years of minimum experience servicing trucks and heavy equipment such as Gomaco & Wirtgen pavers, Texture/Cure, Placers, scrapers, skid steers, excavators and backhoes.
- Troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate in English with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to perform and understand basic math equations
- Must have the physical ability to repeatedly work overhead, kneel, and climb equipment as required by task.
- Also must have the ability to frequently lift 50 to 75 pounds. Some of the benefits you can expect as a Southwest Concrete Paving Co. employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package (California Wage Scale & DB Wages)
- Profit-Sharing & 401(k)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Ins
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Southwest Concrete Paving Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.